This activity is designed to be a math centre activity for students to practise their addition and subtraction skills with numbers 1 - 20. Each player selects a rocket board with a unique combination of 8 numbers. Players then take turns to select a card from a bag. The player then reads out the sum written on the card. Each player then needs to work out the sum and see if the answer is on their rocket. If it is, they get to put a bear counter on it (or whatever counters you have available!). The first person to fill their rocket calls out “BLAST OFF!” and wins!
There are 3 ways to play this game:
A mix of addition and subtraction sums (navy cards)
Addition only (aqua cards)
Subtraction only (red cards)
This PDF download includes colour versions of:
• 8X A5 rocket boards with 8 numbers and a number line to help with working out
• 40 addition and subtraction cards (game 1)
• 40 addition only cards (game 2)
• 40 subtraction cards (game 3)
• 8 rocket cards (a free bear to place on any number)
Check out my other addition and subtraction games:
• Hungry Sharks Subtraction Game (Numbers 0 - 20)
• Scavenger Puppies Addition Game (Numbers 0 - 20)
• Hungry Sharks AND Scavenger Puppies BUNDLE! (Numbers 0 - 20) Save 20%!