Notes from Jacquie:
Teaching Consonant Vowel Consonant words can be a challenge. Lesson 7 provides a step-by-step plan for introducing students to Consonant Vowel Consonant words.
Blending is taught using multi-sensory techniques
The CVC rule is introduced to facilitate understanding
Practice to mastery, using a limited CVC vocabulary during the initial learning process, facilitates generalization to new and different words presented in context. The few exceptions to this rule should be taught as sight words.
Table of contents
• Blending Consonant Vowel Consonant (CVC) Words
• Letter Cards for Teaching Blending CVC Words
• Flash Card Practice (two sets of twenty CVC cards)
• Reading Sheet Practice (Three Reading Sheets)
• Word Search (One Word Search and Answer Sheet)
• Word Scramble
• Sentence Scramble
• Word Completion Worksheet
• Alphabetical Order
Please visit my store to view Lessons 1-6.
Feel free to send me a message if you would like further information