This packet includes:
1. 110 word family puzzles with picture perfect for teaching blending of onsets and rimes for all 5 short vowels.
2. 1 blank black and white page for students to create their own onset and rime puzzles.
3. Title, information and credits page
This activity requires some prep but is a great opportunity to encourage some parent participation by cutting for you at school or at home. Once it is complete, you will have a durable, fun and hands-on activity that your students will really enjoy!
1. Copy puzzle pages onto white card stock using a color copier.
3. Cut out
4. Organize and put in a learning center-There are many ways to organize these; by short vowel sound, by word family or by beginning/ending sound.
(2) Reading/Beginning Reading Skills/Phonological Awareness. Students display phonological awareness. Students are expected to
(C) orally generate rhymes in response to spoken words (e.g., "What rhymes with hat?");
(F) blend spoken onsets and rimes to form simple words (e.g., onset/c/ and rime/at/ make cat);
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.A Recognize and produce rhyming words.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.C Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
Quick and Easy way to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I appreciate and read all feedback, as well as value your thoughts and suggestions!
Be the first to know about my sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive updates about this store. Thank you for being a valued customer.