Blends: This is a great hands on activity for your students! Included in the package is:
1. 21 combinations of comparing 2 word blends in a t-chart mat
2. Recording worksheets that coordinate with each mat
3. 44 color cut-out flash cards
4. 44 black and white cut-out flash cards (a great way to save ink!!)
5. 4 Extension worksheets for students to write the words in a sentence. 1st page numbered 1-5, 2nd page numbered 6-10 (choice of dotted lines or regular lines)
br: bracelet, bread, brew, broccoli, broom, brown, brush
cr: crab, crack, credit card, crib, crocodile, crown
dr: dragon, dragonfly, dream, dreidel, dress, drink, drop, drum
fr: frame, french fry, friend, frog, frown, fruit
gr: grapes, grass, groom, grub
pr: present, pretzel, price, prince, princess, prize
tr: train, trap, treasure, tree, triangle, truck
This is a great way to engage your students as they read words, sort them, write them, and write the words into sentences. All clip art is from Pink Cat Studios and is a great tool for students to recognize unfamiliar words. I recommend putting the mats in sheet protectors and printing the flash cards on different colored paper so each student has a set, and they don't mix them up.
sc sk sl sm sn sp st sw S Word Blend Acttivity
bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl Word Blend Activity
th ch sh wh ph Word Blend Activity
Word Blends MEGA Bundle
Kindergarten Smarts Blog!
Thank you for downloading my content!