This is a bundle of all three of my blend packets:
The L Blends Mega Bundle
The R Blends Mega Bundle
The S Blends Mega Bundle
The following activities are provided for each type of blend:
- Blend Posters for the classroom.
- Pocket chart sorting picture cards. Worksheets accompany this activity – match the blend by coloring pictures with a matching blend and cut and paste picture sorting worksheets that covers a mixture of blends.
- Write the Room Activity: Children locate the cards and write the blend word beside the matching picture on the worksheet.
- Blend Word Building Mats: Students look at the pictures and match the blends to the word part to complete the word. There are corresponding cut and paste worksheets.
- I Spy Blend Mats: Students use a magnifying glass to look for hidden blend words. They record their discoveries on the worksheet.
- Roll and Read Blends: Students roll a die and read the words in the matching column. The mats can be laminated so students can cross the word out as they read it.
- Blend Coloring Mats: Students color the pictures that match the blend in the center.
- Blend Clip Circle Cards: Using small clothes pegs, children identify the picture that matches the blend in the middle of the circle. They clip the peg on to each picture that matches the blend.
- Spin and Write the Blends: Using a paperclip and pencil, students spin the paper clip to make a complete word using the blend and the word part on the spinner. Students write the complete word on the space provided on the worksheet.
- Blend Flip Books: Students color in the pictures and cut out the pages to make into a blend booklet.
This bundle i covers the following common core standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2b Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.