With so many book options in the world, what is a single reader to do?
Using this resource, readers are able to put aside judgements based off of a book's cover and take a chance on a novel they might not normally choose. This resource includes a two page survey asking about the reader's experience with their "blind date" or chosen book. It also includes a page of tags that can be used when advertising the wrapped books.
Steps to this lesson:
1. Wrap books (These can be acquired from the public/school library, donations, your own classroom library, etc.)
2. Explain to students that they will be going on a blind date
3. Allow students to choose their blind date/book
4. Have students answer the first 4 questions BEFORE their date
5. Give students time to "get to know their date" and read
6. Students answer the last 4 questions AFTER their date
Use your imagination and have fun!