Do you want to implement a “Blind Date with a Book” in your classroom? This resource bundle provides you with EVERYTHING you need to introduce, model, and assess this fun project! Students create the covers for the blind dates and materials for “speed dating,” where students go around to review all the book covers, are also included!
I’ve seen this idea floating around online, but with the power being in a librarian’s hands. I wanted to allow my students to complete this project themselves. But, I needed to ensure that all the tools to make this a success were in place. My resource bundle provides directions, planning organizers, examples of the planning organizer in use, pictures of examples, a rubric, an additional assessment piece (summary) with rubric, speed dating tracker, number cards, a reflection tool, book recommendation cards, a teacher’s guide, and super cute bulletin board pieces!
Materials come with 2 different wording choices. You have the option of “Blind Date with a Book” or “Fall in Love with a Book” in case you work with younger students or work in a district where a “date” might not be appropriate.
Here’s What is Included:
• 11 Page Teacher’s Guide
• 2 Versions of Student Directions Page
• Student Planning Organizer
• Student Directions for Putting all the Pieces Together
• Rubric for Blind Date Book Cover
• Heart Pieces for Genre on the Book Covers
• Optional Additional Assessment Component (Detailed Summary)
• Rubric for Summary Assessment
• Number Cards for Speed Dating
• 5 Examples of Planning Organizers in Use
• Speed Dating Tracker Pages
• Rate Your Date Book Recommendation Cards
• 3 Bulletin Board Signs
• Bulletin Board Book Review Pieces
• PowerPoint with examples of Blind Date Wording, 4 pictures of examples of finished product, and step-by-step pictures of how to cover a book with paper.
Check out my other Valentine's Day Products!
Valentine's Day: 40 Figurative Language Task Cards and Writing Resources
Valentine's Day Love Bug Characterization Task Cards
Valentine's Day: Context Clues Task Cards
Thank you for checking out my product! If you like my materials, please follow me to be kept up to date on new products, sales, and freebies!