Blind Date with a Book - Unwrap a Mystery Book - Valentine's Day Library
Unwrap a Mystery Book is the elementary version of my popular Blind Date with a Book Valentine's Day library activity. It includes everything you need to let your students do the bulk of the work (wrapping the books) and save you time and energy. Students love this activity!
This kit is similar to my , except in all pieces of this kit, I replaced the phrase "Blind Date with a Book" with "Unwrap a Mystery Book." I also .
If you are an elementary librarian, teach ESL students, or are just looking for a Valentine's Day library activity for younger students, you will probably prefer this kit.
- Recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Lesson Duration: This is a passive library activity that can run for a few weeks in the library. It is not limited to Valentine's Day - you can use it anytime you want to generate excitement for library books!
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- - 3 detailed pages include step-by-step directions and tips.
- - Includes printable materials for setting up an Unwrap a Mystery Book "Creation Station" center in the library. This should be 1-2 tables that can stay set up for a few weeks. Stock it with paper bags, markers, pens, stickers, construction paper, hold punches, etc. In the Creation Station, students will wrap the books and attach the "Hints About This Book" cards.
- - Students fill these out and attach them to the books. The "hints" include book barcode, I recommend this book to people who like…, and what grade/age the student thinks this book is best for. The fields are all editable, so you can change these as you like.
- - Students fill these out after they try reading their Mystery Book. They can turn these cards in for a chance to win a daily, weekly, or Grand Prize drawing.
- - These printable signs tell students how "Unwrap a Mystery Book" works. Print, laminate, and display with your wrapped mystery books. Includes three designs, and you can edit the directions as you like.
- - This 8-slide presentation explains Unwrap a Mystery Book to students. The presentation is editable, including my photos. You are welcome to use my photos or take your own once you have your Unwrap a Mystery Book ready to go.
- Valentine's Day Library Lesson (Grades K-5)
- Valentine's Day Digital Bulletin Board (Grades 7+)
- Blind Date with a Book: Set-Up Kit (Grades 6-12)
- Book Display Posters: February, Valentine's Day, Black History Month (all grades)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Julie A. wrote, "Such a fun and exciting way to engage students and get them more interested in reading. Easy to follow directions. Clearly laid out!" (used with Grades 2-5)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jamie E. wrote, "My classes really enjoyed unwrapping a mystery book. Some of them even discovered new authors they hadn’t heard of before. Thank you!" (used with Grades 3-7)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Suzanne S. wrote, "This was perfect for my upper grades (4-5). Although I purchased for February activities, I plan to use this year round." (used with Grades 4-5)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Alisha S. wrote, "I was looking to do a "blind date with a book" activity that was more aligned for my elementary students and this was perfect! I had my older students choose the books and write the hints and they helped create the display. Students of all ages were super excited to check out their mystery books. Thank you for making this so easy to use!"
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.