Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.46 MB | 186 pages
Blood Brothers Teaching Resources is a brilliant resource for teaching the well-loved Willy Russell play. This Blood Brothers unit of work includes a 186 slide PowerPoint, 53 worksheets and step by step lessons to help teach one of KS4 / GCSE Literature’s most student-friendly drama texts. Lessons are structured with clear objectives and follow the four part lesson structure. To view the complete Blood Brothers teaching resource in more detail you can preview the resource by clicking on the images at the bottom of the page.
Blood Brothers is a detailed and exhaustive resource which includes a wide range of activities for pupils of all abilities:
* a short biography of Willy Russell and the social and historical context of post war Liverpool
* activities to develop knowledge of the plot
* in-depth analysis of the characters of Mrs Johnstone, Mrs Lyons, Edward, Mickey and Linda
* exploration of the key themes of Blood Brothers (class, superstition, wealth, poverty, etc)
* the literary, social and historical context of the play (1960s Britain, the post war decline of Liverpool, housing, social change)
* developing awareness of the features of a drama text – character, stage directions, etc
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Blood Brothers
* Russell’s social and political message
* cloze passages for each act to consolidate understanding of the plot