THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
A NOTE ABOUT THE PRODUCT: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a simile from BLOOD ON THE RIVER. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from below the grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of BLOOD ON THE RIVER along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for elementary:
* The Black Pearl
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* Tuck Everlasting
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over BLOOD ON THE RIVER!
* Bookmarks Plus: BLOOD ON THE RIVER edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Similes from the book! Each quotefall is an example of sentence containing a simile from the story. Students form individual words of the sentence by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 2 Prereading Vocabulary Crosswords! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Blood on the River Synonym/Antonym Crossword to reinforce meaning! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword— A unique crossword! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the two prereading crosswords to reinforce meaning!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!