THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
Also note: These puzzles can be challenging, so teachers may want to provide hints before copying for distribution.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from BLOOD ON THE RIVER. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original order of their letters, have been merged into one, and the second word might even begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle. Word Merges are great spelling workouts--and they're fun! See the preview for examples.
MORE ELEMENTARY EDITIONS!
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over BLOOD ON THE RIVER!
* Bookmarks Plus: BLOOD ON THE RIVER edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Similes from the book! Each quotefall is an example of sentence containing a simile from the story. Students form individual words of the sentence by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: 2 Prereading Vocabulary Crosswords! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Blood on the River Synonym/Antonym Crossword to reinforce meaning! Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* BLOOD ON THE RIVER: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword— A unique crossword! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the two prereading crosswords to reinforce meaning!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!