This resource contains HOTs Activity Cards for Reading (Fiction) in the primary years. These cards can be used during Guided Reading; Independent Reading and for Personal Reading.
Features of the cards:
- All activities are linked to a level of Bloom’s taxonomy and are colour coded from cold colours (lower level thinking) to hot colours (higher-level thinking)
- Can be used in the classroom or for learning at home
- Can be used with any fiction reading resources (e.g. novels, short stories, graphic novels etc.)
- Can be used as part of a grab and go resource for learning outdoors (and as a bonus some activities can be completed using natural materials like twigs and leaves)
- Can be used for a whole class at a time – no differentiation required. Tasks can be set at individual level; whole group level, or whole class level
This is a growing resource.
Please note my native language is English (UK). Where there is a variation between English (UK) and English (US) I have duplicated the cards so that both spellings are included in the pack. If there are any omissions, please let me know! I have also included a blank page for each thinking skills so that you can include cards of your own.