Engage your students in Higher Level Thinking with these Bloom's Higher Order Thinking Cards. These are designed for higher level questioning during reading. There are 8 questions stems to stimulate student higher level thinking about words in context, dictionary meaning, synonyms, antonyms and analogies. They can be used in centers, or individually to stimulate higher order thinking.
I use these cards in a "Challenge" activity:
1. Divide the class into 4-5 teams.
2. Give each team an envelope with "Blooms Higher Order Thinking Card" questions taped to the front.
3. Students answer the questions about the story just read, or concept discussed, on note cards and place them into the envelope.
4. Then, each group writes another challenge question on the front of the envelope.
5. Send the envelopes around for response. Again, students are writing their responses to the questions and placing in the envelope.
6. When the envelopes have made it around to each group, compare answers as groups to the questions.
Great activity for students to think in higher order terms with these questions stems!