Use these differentiated pages to help your students discover how blubber helps marine mammals stay warm. The first page is for younger students or beginning writers. The second page is best suited for older students or advanced writers.
* 1 container of shortening
* 2 large Ziploc bags
* bucket of ice water
1. Fill one Ziploc bag with Crisco
2. Place the other Ziploc inside the bag of Crisco. this should look like glove. Put the blubber on, one at a time.
3. Dip the uncovered hand into the ice water. Note observations.
4. Next, dip the "blubber' hand in the ice water. Discuss results and write responses.
To see other great products, please visit and/or follow my store:
LIVIN’ IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER