Also included in
- Tracking and Analyzing Characters in a fiction story engages readers in the narrative structure of the text. Readers need to understand the elements of narrative story structure and how the events affect characters.This Mini Bundle for Tracking and Analyzing Characters includes a variety of resource$20.00$23.00Save $3.00
- Over 100 minilessons to engage your readers in understanding how to make meaning while reading. These minilessons have actively engaged hundreds of readers to be more successful during independent reading. Grab this bank of minilessons to save you time and energy when planning your reading instruc$151.00$168.00Save $17.00
All readers need tools to record, organize and process their thinking about a text.
The Reading Toolkit: Blurb Work Strategy is a collection of tools that readers can use BEFORE reading a fiction text.
- A minilesson for teaching readers how to use the blurb of a book before reading to familiarize themselves with the plotline
- An Anchor Chart (8 1/2 x 11)
- Mini Anchor Charts for Student Notebooks
- Student Bookmark to jot thinking about the blurb
Using the BOOK BLURB Strategy for prereading is a quick and simple tool that can increase focused reading engagement.
Students need strategies to use when selecting just right books for reading, as well as, strategies for prereading. Students need practice in how to get to know a text before reading.
Students must know how to prepare for reading a fiction book to stay focused on the main ideas and plot of the story by reading the blurb.
Many readers are not utilizing the book blurbs to select books and get to know a text before reading because they are not sure what to do with the blurb.
This Reading Toolkit: Blurb Work Strategy works for any age and reading level with books that include a book blurb on the back of the book or inside the front book jacket or cover. Readers usually read a book jacket, book blurb on the back cover or read about it online to decide if they want to read the book, but do young readers really KNOW HOW to use the book blurb?
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures