Body Systems – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (skeletal system, respiratory system, muscular system, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, digestive system, integumentary system, immune system, endocrine system, and reproductive system).
• Review of cell, tissue, organ, and organ system relationship.
• Explanation of all 11 body systems (reproductive system only states that is responsible for production of offspring).
• Discussion about which systems are “transport” systems.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: skeletal system, respiratory system, muscular system, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, digestive system, integumentary system, immune system, endocrine system, and reproductive system.
• The second activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match basic body system functions with the corresponding system(s). Descriptions include transport, protection, waste removal, support, etc.