Body Systems – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (skeletal system, respiratory system, muscular system, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, digestive system, integumentary system, immune system, endocrine system, and reproductive system).
• Review of cell, tissue, organ, and organ system relationship.
• Explanation of all 11 body systems (reproductive system only states that is responsible for production of offspring).
• Discussion about which systems are “transport” systems.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: skeletal system, respiratory system, muscular system, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, digestive system, integumentary system, immune system, endocrine system, and reproductive system.
• The second activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match basic body system functions with the corresponding system(s). Descriptions include transport, protection, waste removal, support, etc.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.