Purchase this 4 resource bundle and save!
1. Digestive System | 2 Informational Articles | BONUS Poster
This resource includes 2 informational text passages. The first details how the digestive system works and the second informs students of the most common health / medical issues that can occur within the system.
- 2 articles:
- Your Digestive System (gives details of system organs and functions)
- Problems with your Digestive System (examples: tracheoesophageal fistula, celiac disease, hepatitis, gallstones and appendicitis)
- Student assessment worksheet for each article (multiple choice and short answer)
- Answer keys
- BONUS: Digestive System poster
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 7.4
Automated Readability Index: 7.7
2. Digestive System | Anatomy Posters and Worksheets
This resource includes 7 sets of posters and worksheets for your classroom, all involving human digestion. Each poster comes in color (great for bulletin boards) and b/w (great for student handouts) and each worksheet comes with and without a word bank.
- Digestive System: mouth, esophagus, liver, stomach, gallbladder, pancreas, large intestine, small intestine, rectum, anus
- At the Beginning: salivary gland, palate, teeth, tongue, esophagus
- The Stomach: fundus, esophagus, longitudinal muscle layer, circular muscle layer, oblique layer, pyloric antum, pyloric sphincter
- The Liver: right lobe, left lobe, coronary ligament, left hepatic vein, inferior vena cava, gallbladder, hepatic portal vein, hepatic artery proper
- In the Middle: gallbladder, pancreas, pancreatic duct, duodenum, common bile duct
- The Intestines: large intestine, traverse colon, descending colon, ascending colon, small intestine,
- At the End: rectum, internal anal sphincter, anal columns, eternal anal sphincter, anus
1. Nervous System | 7 Articles - 2 Assessments - 4 Posters
This ANATOMY / BIOLOGY / HEALTH resource contains 7 informational text articles (each with comprehension questions followings), 2 end of unit assessments and 4 bonus posters! These articles can be used in any Science related class or in a Language Arts / Reading classroom. Use as standalone mini-lessons or as supplemental activities, homework or in centers.
Article titles: (Flesch-Kincaid Grade Levels for articles range from 5.1 - 7.4)
- The Nervous System: Central & Peripheral
- Your Nervous System: The Nerves
- Your Brain & Spinal Cord
- The Amazing Nerve
- Brain Waves
- The 2 Sides of your Brain: Right Brain, Left Brain
- Sleep & Your Brain
- One reviewing information from all articles
- One focusing on the 1st three articles dealing with the makeup of the nervous system, brain, spinal cord and the nerves themselves.
- Central & Peripheral Nervous Systems
- Structure of a Neuron
- Nervous System (whole body)
- Types of Nerves
2. Nervous System | Interactive Project
This BIOLOGY / HEALTH / ANATOMY / BODY SYSTEMS resource centers around the human nervous system and is a notebooking project unit. This interactive 56 page resource will require students to perform research and can be used independently or along side your curriculum.
- Instructional page (Creating a Notebooking Project - What is Notebooking?
- Supply list
- Teacher pages (assignment sheets, rubric)
- Unit Related Vocabulary list
- Project KWL
- Vocabulary definitions page
- References used page
- Special report pages (many with illustrations) focusing on: CNS (parts of), PNS (parts of), the brain (lobes: frontal, occipital, parietal, cerebellum, temporal, medulla oblongata PLUS other structures), functions of the nervous system, Neurons (parts of), synapses, disorders of the nervous system, careers related to the NS.