Students will learn how the human body’s main systems work altogether, the challenges it may encounter, its defense mechanisms, and about the advances in technology for cell biology.
- explain how the human body’s main systems are connected to work together
- research and list some diseases that affect each of the body’s main systems
- choose a disease to research its symptoms, affects, and possible cures or controls
- research how some bodily components help to protect and fight virus’ and infections
- consider and comment on the involvement of technology on human health, and on understanding cells and cellular processes
- record and discuss technological negative and positive impacts on society and the environment
- create a board game that encompasses the learning about cell biology and the aspects behind human health
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.