I absolutely love Boggle...and I recently discovered Noggle!! In my preview I have a slide with pics of both bulletin boards in my classroom...to help you visually see what my intentions were with this pack!! So please take a peek!
This pack includes:
1. Both unique "Boggle" and "Noggle" Round Bulletin Board headers. And I use them at the top of both my Boggle and Noggle Bulletin Boards. I like to make them look "jumbled" and not in a straight line or uniformed. Makes it fun for the kids! Preview shows actual classroom pics of my boards!
2. Letters for Boggle (you may need to run a few sets...that way you can use the same letter more than once in your display set - especially when it comes to vowels) AND Numbers for Noggle (I have provided you with 1-100, 200-900). Preview displays a few examples.
3. Letter and Number Backgrounds - these are quatrefoil squares which match the turquoise and gray quatrefoil found in the background of the headers. These are meant to be a consistent staple on your board. All you will need to do is simply attach Velcro strips onto the backgrounds, and then onto the back of all your letters and numbers. Change out your Boggle (and Noggle) boards by attaching different letters (and numbers) onto these quatrefoil squares. It look really cute with the black circled letters (and numbers) sitting against the turquoise and gray quatrefoil. The boards are meant to have 4 squares across and 4 squares going down (so a total of 16). I have given you a sheet for each quatrefoil color (one sheet with 4 square backgrounds for the turquoise, and one sheet with 4 square backgrounds for the gray). You will need to run these off multiple times to achieve 16 square backgrounds. Mix-Match your backgrounds as you like. Refer to my photo pics in the preview to see how I mix-matched the pastel chevron backgrounds for mine! You will also get two adorable recording sheets (I have made one for Boggle, and one for Noggle - and have them cut in half on a landscape sheet - see preview).
How I utilize them....
So I have two separate bulletin boards. One specifically for “Boggle” – with the Boggle header at the top and 4 rows of 4 letters. I use the little round Velcro to attach the letters. Velcro is a life saver and is so useful. It makes it super convenient to change out the letters week to week. How you set it up is totally up to you. I place the softer Velcro onto the backgrounds and then on the back of the actual letters attach the rough Velcro. But it’s however you like! Remember in traditional Boggle words are made up/down/diagonal (must be touching).
My other bulletin board is for “Noggle” (Number Boggle) – I go about it the same way. I teach second grade Gifted/Talented. So I like to challenge my darlings, but still accommodate my other students as well. So I have given you a variety of numbers. I keep it pretty basic and single numbers at the beginning of the year. Then as the year progresses, move into 2 digit, and then throw in 3 digit. The trick is to give the kids a “goal”. They can add/subtract/multiply to reach that goal. But you must think in terms of “Boggle” (or in this case “Noggle”), so the numbers much touch…up/down/diagonal in order to make the amount.
I would like to credit:
- Cover Page to Krista Wallden - she's stinkin' amazing!!
- Quatrefoil Paper to Jena Hudson: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jena-Hudson-At-Sew-Much-Music
- Font to Teach Junkie http://www.teachjunkie.com/filing-cabinet/free-download/26-free-fonts-teachers/