This resource contains a fully editable, interactive and colourful 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Bonfire Night, Guy Fawkes and Fireworks.
There are 3 multiple choice answers.
It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. PLEASE NOTE - ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE BURNING FIRE IMAGE ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF EACH SLIDE. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
The preview slides contain images, but these images will only be revealed after clicking on the fire image for the answer
An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
1. What did Guy Fawkes change his Christian name to?
2. What religion was Guy Fawkes?
3. Which monarch was reigning at the time of the Gunpowder Plot?
4. How many barrels of gunpowder are said to have been hidden under the House of Lords?
5. When arrested what false name did Guy Fawkes give?
6. In which country were fireworks invented?
7. Who was the Catherine Wheel firework named after?
8. How old do you need to be before you are allowed to buy fireworks?
9. In ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ which character is famous for fireworks?
10 .In the Harry Potter stories by J. K. Rowling one of the characters is named Fawkes, what kind
of creature is it?
The resource also contains a hyperlink to the world's top ten firework displays.