These simulations come from Nick's book, "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Wallet." The book is available on Amazon for $24, or on TPT for $21 in .pdf format. The .pdf format is more ideal for teachers than the printed copies of the book because it allows for easier access to print the activities and handouts.
"You're Gonna Need a Bigger Wallet" is geared towards teachers and organizations who desire to teach personal finance skills in engaging and practical ways. Several industry experts contributed to these activities, making them some of the most robust financial literacy simulations on the market. Each simulation is also accompanied by student reflection handouts.
Through the "You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Wallet activities," students will:
• Participate in Mock Job interviews
• Learn to Shop for Careers
• Make Presentations About How to Avoid and Mitigate Credit Card Debt
• Play a Game to Determine Financial Fraud
• Go Apartment Hunting
• Buy a House
• Artistically Construct Retirement Graphs
• Use Web-Based Activities to Chart Performances of Individual Stocks Vs. Index Funds • Play an Insurance Board Game
• Start a Limited Liability Company (LLC) and Sell Products and Services
*Note: please limit one .pdf copy per teacher