Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
12.95 MB | 90+ pages
Looking for a way to motivate your students to read more books?
Recreate a Book Bracket!
1. Regular Season Games – Give fans (students) consistent independent reading time to read several teams (books). These are any books they wish to read!
2.Sweet Sixteen – 6 teams qualify for the road to Book Brackets! Students nominate their favorite books for the competition. Allow 16 teams (books) to make it.
3. The Build Up – Continue giving consistent independent reading time during class for students to read each of the books in the competition. This allows fans (students) to make an informed decision and encourages them to cheer for the best team (book).
4. Elite Eight– Have fans (students) cheer (vote) for their top 2 teams (books). The top eight teams (books) will be in the elite eight.
5.About the Team Advertisements – Fans (students) can decorate foam fingers, jerseys, or pennants to convince others to cheer for their team (book). Fans (students) will also write why others should cheer for their team (book).
6.Final Four– Have fans (students) cheer (vote) for their top 2 teams (books) to narrow down the competition.
7. World Famous Commercials– Invite fans (students) to create a world famous commercial to encourage others to cheer for their favorite team (book).
8. National Championship – Have fans (students) cheer (vote) for their favorite team (book) to finalize who is playing in the National Championship game.
9. Newscaster Debates– Fans (students) become the sports newscasters. Host a debate and discuss why one of the teams should win over the other team.
10. THE BIG GAME – EVERY FAN COUNTS! Have fans and cheerleaders (students) (vote) for their favorite team (book). cheer
11. The After Party – Celebrate the winning team (book)!