These Differentiated Book Clubs (also called Literature Circles) are a time saving tool for you as a teacher! Easy print and go Book Club role sheets, teacher planning tools, students-pre and post-reading pages, and teacher grading guides are all included inside! This BUNDLE is created for 1st grade readers to 5th grade level readers! The best thing is, you can differentiate using the pages for any student in your class! PLUS- there are some BONUS materials included! Great for Instructional Coaches and other to use!
What The Pages Focus On:
- Teacher Tips and Directions are included in this product. These pages focus on how you can build a Book Club teacher library, how to manage and work within Book Clubs, the roles, or "jobs" the students should complete, how to reflect as a teacher on your Book Clubs, and how to use the scoring guides.
- The Planning Pages include teaching steps, post-it pages for student picks, and a planning page to organize your thoughts, student placement, and teaching goals.
- Book Club Folder directions are provided as well as 2 simple cover choices if you decide to use this instead of a folder.
- Student Pre-Work Pages are included. This includes 4 different assignment pages for students to fill out, a Prediction and Synthesizing page, and a Questioner Guide for students to once you gradually release students to Student-Led Book Clubs.
- Leveled Student Jobs- This set includes the Level 1-6 sets. These are great for all levels of students. They are designed to look the same as each set that follows, even into the Advanced Levels. In these Leveled Jobs you will find Summarizer, Plot Picker, Character Sketcher, Connector and Questioner. These 5 jobs will provide key components of student understanding. Optional jobs are included at the end of the product. They include Word Nerd, Visualizer, Passage Picker, and Travel Tracer (setting). Each of these additional jobs have a level for 1-6!
- Scoring Guides for BOTH students and teachers are found in this product. The Student-Reflection page includes the same rubric that is used by the teacher and questions for the student to respond to. Four different Scoring Guides for student use are included. Group scoring guides and Teacher Reflection pages are also included. These pages will help you keep track of student meetings and help you discover where to go next with your students and book choices to meet their needs!
- 6 pages of Teacher Tips and Directions!
- 6 pages of Planning Tools for Book Clubs
- 4 pages of Folder Directions or Cover Choices
- 3 pages of Book Club Assignment pages for students use
- 1 Predicting and Synthesizing Page
- 1 Questioner Guide for Student Leader use
- 5 Level 1 Role Sheets - Some illustrating boxes for chapter work!
- 5 Level 2 Role Sheets - Some illustrating boxes for use with 2 chapters!
- 5 Level 3 Role Sheets - No illustrations with multiple chapter work!
- 5 Level 4 Role Sheets - Less prompting, multiple chapter work expectations
- 5 Level 5 Role Sheets - No illustrations with multiple chapter work!
- 5 Level 6 Role Sheets - Less prompting, multiple chapter work expectations
- 5 Student Reflection page choices
- 6 Teacher Scoring and Reflection pages
- 25 Alternative Roles Pages
- 1 Homework "Book Club" reflection page
- 10 Starter Pages for Nonfiction Book Clubs (Level 3)
All of this will help you run successful Book Clubs! All students can participate no matter what their level or skill! And, students LOVE Book Clubs! And, right now, you can get those BONUS materials at no additional cost! Once the Nonfiction Book Clubs are added, the price on this BUNDLE will go up! So, grab it now!