Book clubs are can be amazing when done right, but they can also be overwhelming and confusing to implement and maintain. I've found that when it comes to book clubs, less is more! Giving students a few structures that they will use each week with their club will make things clearer for everyone. This frees up your time to make sure that students also have a chance to practice the target skill with their clubs, which will vary week to week.
My book club bundle includes the product that have worked in my classroom:
1. Book club choice sheet, to get the process started and group students into clubs
2. Book club contract, to help students set their own expectations and consequences for their clubs
3. Book club response sheet, to help students record their thinking about their book before discussing it with their club
4. Role cards, to help students divide the work between club members
5. Teacher instruction sheet, to explain each resource more thoroughly
I'm glad I finally took the plunge into book clubs, and hope this helps your students as much as it did mine!