These Differentiated Book Clubs (also called Literature Circles) are a time saving tool for you as a teacher! Easy print and go Book Club role sheets, teacher planning tools, students-pre and post-reading pages, and teacher grading guides are all included inside! This basic level is created for 3rd grade readers to 5th grade level readers! The best thing is, you can differentiate using the pages for any student in your class!
This is included as part of my Differentiated Book Club Bundle (Coming soon!)
What The Pages Focus On:
- Teacher Tips and Directions are included in this product. These pages focus on how you can build a Book Club teacher library, how to manage and work within Book Clubs, the roles, or "jobs" the students should complete, how to reflect as a teacher on your Book Clubs, and how to use the scoring guides.
- The Planning Pages include teaching steps, post-it pages for student picks, and a planning page to organize your thoughts, student placement, and teaching goals.
- Book Club Folder directions are provided as well as 2 simple cover choices if you decide to use this instead of a folder.
- Student Pre-Work Pages are included. This includes 4 different assignment pages for students to fill out, a Prediction and Synthesizing page, and a Questioner Guide for students to once you gradually release students to Student-Led Book Clubs.
- Leveled Student Jobs- This set includes the Level 3-6 sets. These are great for younger students or to be used to differentiate for struggling students. They are designed to look the same as each set that follows, even into the Advanced Levels. In these Leveled Jobs you will find Summarizer, Plot Picker, Character Sketcher, Connector and Questioner. These 5 jobs will provide key components of student understanding. Optional jobs are included at the end of the product. There include Word Nerd, Visualizer, Passage Picker, and Travel Tracer (setting). Each of these additional jobs have a level for 3-6!
- Scoring Guides for BOTH students and teachers are found in this product. The Student-Reflection page includes the same rubric that is used by the teacher and questions for the student to respond to. Four different Scoring Guides for student use are included. Group scoring guides and Teacher Reflection pages are also included. These pages will help you keep track of student meetings and help you discover where to go next with your students and book choices to meet their needs!
- 6 pages of Teacher Tips and Directions!
- 6 pages of Planning Tools for Book Clubs
- 4 pages of Folder Directions or Cover Choices
- 3 pages of Book Club Assignment pages for students use
- 1 Predicting and Synthesizing Page
- 1 Questioner Guide for Student Leader use
- 5 Level 3 Role Sheets - Some illustrating boxes for chapter work!
- 5 Level 4 Role Sheets - Some illustrating boxes for use with 2 chapters!
- 5 Level 5 Role Sheets - No illustrations with multiple chapter work!
- 5 Level 6 Role Sheets - Less prompting, multiple chapter work expectations
- 5 Student Reflection page choices
- 6 Teacher Scoring and Reflection pages
- 15 Alternative Roles Pages
All of this will help you run successful Book Clubs! And, a Basic Level is available to meet your needs if student grow beyond these levels! That product can be found HERE!
This can also be purchased as a BUNDLE with the Basic Levels AND the End of Book Projects that students love to do to show off what they have enjoyed about their books!
Other Products You Might Be Interested In:
Author's Purpose Book Clubs
The Lemonade War Bundle
Plot Diagram Project: Candy Themed
Flat Stanley Novel Study
Text Structure Graphic Organizers
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Julie from The Best Days :)