Book Club and Literature Circle Activities - Reading Response Set
Also included in
- The Shiloh trilogy books by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor are high interest books that students will enjoy exploring through the Book Club process. Get your students involved by doing a guided read aloud of Shiloh, the first book in the series. Model the type of thinking they should be doing when they aPrice $6.30Original Price $8.50Save $2.20
- This set is everything you need to turn your book clubs into a study of historical fiction based on the Revolutionary War! The unit begins with a fascinating read aloud that will pull your students into the Revolutionary War era. Guided teacher think alouds will help you model making inferences, rPrice $8.55Original Price $11.50Save $2.95
- The Hidden Girl: A True Story of the Holocaust by Lola Rein Kaufman is a great book to use to introduce your students to book clubs due to the fact that it is a highly interesting topic, is relatively short in length (97 pages), and has much for them to wonder about, discuss, and infer.This companiPrice $6.30Original Price $8.50Save $2.20
Book clubs are the perfect way to get your students motivated to read and engaged in high level reading conversations with their peers. They are ideal for practicing all of the reading strategies and in-depth thinking that your students have been learning. The best part is that your students will love the choice, freedom, and socialization that are a natural part of book clubs!
This bundle includes all of the following:
- Lesson plans
- 14 Learning Target posters
- 7 page Student Resource Book Club Packet
- Book Club Choices form
- Book Club Schedule forms (5 options ranging from 4 meetings to 8)
- Thinking Notes Graphic Organizer
- Thinking Notes Bookmarks (7 options for mixing and matching on 2-sided bookmarks)
- 27 Common Core Aligned Book Club Focus Ideas (Can be used with the Thinking Notes Bookmarks)
- Peer Book Club Evaluation forms
- Fishbowl Observation form
- Class Evaluation Checklist
- Book Club Evaluation form for teacher (5 options depending on number of meetings)
- Summary Graphic Organizer
- Summary Writing Frame
- Book Jacket Recommendation template
- 44 Common Core aligned Book Club Assessments (can be mixed and matched together or given independently)
Using the Common Core Standards? These book club materials are aligned with 26 of the Common Core Standards for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. These materials are set up to be flexible for you! You choose the length of your unit, which common core standards you want your students to focus on, and which of the several different note-taking options will best meet your students' needs and your unit goals.
❤️ TEACHERS LIKE YOU ARE LOVING THESE BOOK CLUB RESOURCES! ❤️
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Brianne S. said, "This was incredibly helpful for me as a teacher to try book clubs. This was so easy to follow and easy to implement. Thank you so much for creating this! It made it not scary. ;)"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Jennifer I. said, "Great addition to my book clubs. I love the ability to focus in on a skill and that this resource can be applied to any book. Thank you!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Paige F. said, "Thank you for creating this! I did book groups last year, and felt a bit directionless. This was so easy to use, and my students understood and took control of their learning! Thank you again."
✅ Don't forget to leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Copyright ©️ - Stephanie Rye - Forever in Fifth Grade
Permission to copy for single classroom only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you would like to share this product.