Book club activities for first and second grade classrooms!
★Can you run successful book clubs in the primary grades?★
It may seem like a stretch, but the spring is such a great time to get your students ready and used to reading, thinking about, and discussing books with their peers instead of me, the teacher!
I created this unit as a guide to running book clubs in your primary classroom and provided some tools that your kids can successfully use!
- What book clubs look like in my classroom – tips & tricks
- Setting it up:
- some focus skills
- teacher notes
- student practice ideas that I use in my classroom
- Printable Resources:
- Anchor charts
- Book club rings – also used as discussion of the day cards
- Independent reading bookmarks
- Job Cards
- Nonfiction News recording sheet
- Half page recording sheets
- Teacher evaluation sheet
- Book club binders
Please download the preview to see more!