Book Clubs for 1st and 2nd Grade
K - 2nd
What educators are saying
This was a wonderful resource, plenty of good advice and I went on to set up a book club with my kindergarten class. I did have to amend it slightly for them.
This helped me stay organized and provide visuals for my kindergarten and 1st grade book clubs! Thank you!
Book club activities for first and second grade classrooms!
★Can you run successful book clubs in the primary grades?★
It may seem like a stretch, but the spring is such a great time to get your students ready and used to reading, thinking about, and discussing books with their peers instead of me, the teacher!
I created this unit as a guide to running book clubs in your primary classroom and provided some tools that your kids can successfully use!
- What book clubs look like in my classroom – tips & tricks
- Setting it up:
- some focus skills
- teacher notes
- student practice ideas that I use in my classroom
- Printable Resources:
- Anchor charts
- Book club rings – also used as discussion of the day cards
- Independent reading bookmarks
- Job Cards
- Nonfiction News recording sheet
- Half page recording sheets
- Teacher evaluation sheet
- Book club binders
Please download the preview to see more!
• Interactive Read Aloud Lessons - Chapter Book Bundled Edition
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.