Book Companion: NARRATIVE NONFICTION MEN SET 2 - A-Book-A-Day Reading Challenge
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Easily engage your students and meet your A Book A Day challenge with these no prep book companion resources. This bundle includes ALL current and future A-Book-A-Day resources. You can buy A-Book-A-Day resources by a WEEK or a MONTH at a time.WHAT TITLES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE?⭐CLASS EXPECTAPrice $52.00Original Price $65.00Save $13.00
- This bundle includes 4 weeks (4 resources) of A-Book-A-Day resources to help you easily engage your students with a read aloud each day.The texts in this bundle are focused on literary nonfiction/narrative nonfiction mentor texts.WHAT TITLES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE?⭐NARRATIVE NONFICTION: WOMENPrice $16.00Original Price $20.00Save $4.00
Easily engage your students and meet your A Book A Day challenge with these no prep book companion resources focused on literary nonfiction stories of influential men!
⭐WHAT TEXTS ARE FEATURED?
- Magic Ramen by Andrea Wang
- Nelson Mandela by Kadir Nelson
- Ron's Big Mission by Rose Blue
- Manfish by Jennifer Berne
- Barack by Jonah Winter
⭐WHAT IS THE FOCUS OF THIS GROUP OF BOOKS?
The texts in this resource focus on the lives of influential men. Each person’s story is true and told in a story format. Students will learn about new people and discuss their motivations, actions, and impact.
⭐WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS RESOURCE?
- Mini-Lesson PowerPoint
- PDF printable resources
- Response slides in Google Classroom
- Response slides formatted for Microsoft Teams
- Bitmoji Classroom Library with links to online read alouds (Google Classroom and Canvas directions)
⭐WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH MINI LESSON POWERPOINT?
- 3 "Before Reading" slides to introduce the text, get the students thinking, and set a purpose for reading
- Link to an online read aloud
- 3 "After Reading" slides including a discussion question, writing prompt, and 5 open-ended comprehension questions from the text
- Closure slide to reiterate the lesson or purpose of the read aloud
⭐WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PDF?
- Teacher Guide
- Book spines for book a day display
- Bookshelf decor item for bookshelf display
- Book covers for book a day display
- Graphic Organizer
- Retell Sheet
- Book Recommendation Sheet
- 5 open-ended question comprehension check
⭐WANT TO SEE OTHER BOOK-A-DAY WEEKS?
⭐WHY A BOOK A DAY?
The #abookaday challenge was created by Donalyn Miller, author of The Book Whisperer.
For the past two years I have committed to reading aloud a book a day to my students and the impact has been great. In the past two years (more so than the seven before) my class became a group of learners that valued reading. If an early dismissal or assembly altered our schedule, I would have to find another time to squeeze in the read aloud because the kids were not willing to take a day off.
⭐WHY I CREATED THIS RESOURCE
I created this resource to help teachers fulfill their #abookaday challenge in a meaningful and simple way without compromising consistency or depth.
I try to plan my read alouds a unit at a time so that I am not scrambling, but I was still winging it through unless I had set aside time to come up with discussion questions and extension opportunities for eager kids or for when we had extra time. I started created mini PowerPoints for the read alouds so that everything would be in one place when I sat down to read the book of the day. Those PowerPoints have been combined and polished to create this resource that I hope will help other teachers implement a book a day in an easier and more consistent way.