Kids will love this book companion reader to the book Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!, by Mo Willems. This resource includes:
• Comprehension questions
• Making a prediction
• Dear Bus Driver letter (persuasive writing exercise)
• Character map
• Word search
• Fill in the blank
• Matching beginnings and endings of sentences
• Write your own sentence
• Pigeon is not allowed to drive the bus. What are some things that you really want to do, that you are not allowed to do?
• Pigeon says so many different things to convince you to let him drive the bus. What are some things that you say to a grown up to convince them to let you do something?
• Pigeon wants to drive the bus. What do you want to drive?
• Build a word
• Sight word hunt
• Survey - would you let the pigeon drive the bus?
• Word wall
• Answer key
• Packet includes writing lines for additional handwriting practice and exposes
students to different fonts
Explore the book Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! together with your students using this fun resource. You can also use a student’s answers to assess comprehension of the book. Use this resource to lead a classroom discussion, small-group sessions or as independent work or homework for those students that are ready. This would also make an excellent summer homework assignment.
Check out our book companion readers for Mo Willems books:
Book Companion Reader for the book The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
Book Companion Reader for the book The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
Book Companion Reader for the Book Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Book Companion Reader for the book Let's Go for a Drive!
Book Companion Reader for the Book I Really Like Slop!
Book Companion Reader for the book Happy Pig Day!
Book Companion Reader for the book Today I Will Fly!
Book Companion Reader for the book My New Friend Is So Fun!
Book Companion Reader for the book A Big Guy Took My Ball!
Follow me by clicking on the green star on any of my pages to learn about my new products, sales, and discounts.
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit:
You can build up TpT credit by leaving feedback on my products. Submit feedback when you purchase, or go to My Purchases at any time for a list of your purchases. Next to each product title, you'll find a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a comment to receive the credits. Go to My TpT Credits at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits to find out how to redeem credits on any future TpT purchase.