In this book companion reader for the book Biscuit Plays Ball by Alyssa Satin Capucilli, you will find the following fun activities for your young readers to explore and complete:
• Comprehension questions and true/false
• Making a prediction
• Word search
• Class survey based on a theme from the book
• Fill in the blank
• Write your own sentence
• Story map – characters, setting, solution, problem
• In the book, the kids first play with a kickball and then a wiffle ball. Write and draw about other types of balls.
• Sight word hunt
• Character map
• Build a word
• Create your own book cover
• Word scramble
• Word wall
• Answer key
• Packet includes writing lines for additional handwriting practice and exposes
students to different fonts
Explore the book Biscuit Plays Ball together with your students using this fun resource. You can also use a student’s answers to assess comprehension of the book. Use this resource to lead a classroom discussion, small-group sessions or as independent work or homework for those students that are ready. This would also make an excellent summer homework assignment.
Follow me by clicking on the green star on any of my pages to learn about my new products, sales, and discounts.
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit:
You can build up TpT credit by leaving feedback on my products. Submit feedback when you purchase, or go to My Purchases at any time for a list of your purchases. Next to each product title, you'll find a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a comment to receive the credits. Go to My TpT Credits at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits to find out how to redeem credits on any future TpT purchase.