Kids will love this book companion reader to the book The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!, by Mo Willems. This resource includes:
• Comprehension questions
• Create your own book cover
• Dear Pigeon letter (persuasive writing exercise)
• Character map
• Word search
• Fill in the blank
• Write your own sentence
• Pigeon and duckling share a hot dog. What are some foods that you enjoy sharing with a friend?
• Pigeon describes how great a hot dog tastes in so many ways. How ould you describe something that tastes really delicious?
• Story map
• Build a word
• Sight word hunt
• Survey - do you like to eat hot dogs?
• Word wall
• Answer key
• Packet includes writing lines for additional handwriting practice and exposes
students to different fonts
Explore the book The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! together with your students using this fun resource. You can also use a student’s answers to assess comprehension of the book. Use this resource to lead a classroom discussion, small-group sessions or as independent work or homework for those students that are ready. This would also make an excellent summer homework assignment.
Follow me by clicking on the green star on any of my pages to learn about my new products, sales, and discounts.
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit:
You can build up TpT credit by leaving feedback on my products. Submit feedback when you purchase, or go to My Purchases at any time for a list of your purchases. Next to each product title, you'll find a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a comment to receive the credits. Go to My TpT Credits at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits to find out how to redeem credits on any future TpT purchase.