These common core aligned reading activities are designed to introduce early readers to scary but friendly Alan from "Alan's Big Scary Teeth" by Jarvis in a fun way, while also practicing reading response skills. Your children will have fun with the latest book by their favorite author and enjoy doing word search, answering questions, practicing new words and more with these worksheets!
Study unit includes a variety of activities on phonics and word recognition, synonyms practice, expressing their opinion in the written form, answering questions about key details in the text, looking for main idea and message, describing the characters, etc.
Make sure to click preview to see all the pages in the bundle!
Please check the list below to ensure that the worksheets fit your classroom level:
Phonics and word recognition
• completing words with missing -ee/-ea
• searching for words with word final -th
• naming the animals in the story
• determining the synonyms in the list of words
• filling in the gaps with the correct word
• matching characters to desription
• filling in the story map
• answering quiz and open questions about the plot of the story
• retelling the story
If you have further questions, check thumbnails and preview or ask me in Questions And Answers or on my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for interest in this product and happy teaching!