Looking for a way to make the Presidential Election process relevant for students? Use "Book Elections" to motivate students to read a variety of books and encourage collaborative discussions with classmates.
1. Campaigns Kick Off - Accept favorite book nominations from students in your class, grade level, or school.
2. Debates - Encourage students to write a summary of the book that would encourage others to vote for it. Publish snippets on bulletin board, hallway, newsletter, etc. for all students to view.
3. Primaries - Allow students to vote for their top two books
4. Conventions - Schedule a time for students to read books during class time and discuss them using the provided question stems
5. Advertisements - Invite students to create an advertisement to encourage voters to vote for their favorite book
6. Debates - Host a debate between the remaining books
7. Election Day - EVERY VOTE COUNTS!
8. Inauguration - Celebrate the winning book!
This resource includes:
-Book Discussion Questions
-Book Advertisement Ideas