Looking for a way to get your UPPER GRADE level students excited about their independent reading? Start the new school year off right by helping your students to create their own monthly reading goals and personalized reading logs.This product includes all of the following:
Reading Goals packet:
- includes 1 cover page…4 reading goal planning worksheets that you can pick from to differentiate for your students (you'll use these every month)…and 1 reading log recording page (to be used each month)
Students will complete the cover page at the start of the school year and then complete a reading goal planning worksheet at the beginning of each month during the school year*. There is space on the reading goal planning worksheets for students to write the month on the header of each page and their names/the date at the bottom. You can copy the reading log recording sheet onto the back of these so that students can keep a record of their reading (optional). Fasten the pages of the packet with a brass brad (a guide circle is provided on the corner of each page!); a new page can then be added easily each month. (Note: Creating a packet of monthly goal-setting pages will allow you and your students to see their progress over the course of the school year, but you could certainly forego the cover page and just use the reading goal planning worksheets on their own month to month).
- includes 20 cover page choices in styles older students will love! (6 color-in mandala-styles…10 full-page, complex design color-in styles…4 generic book-themed styles)…6 recording page options…8 bonus, coordinating bookmarks that match the reading log designs
Creating the Reading Logs is an ideal first week/month of school activity! Have students choose a cover page and the recording pages that they want. There is room on the cover page for student’s name and grade or year. They can decorate and personalize the covers with colored pencils or fine-tipped markers/pens. They will then write the title/author/date for each book they read throughout the school year on the recording pages, and these reading logs can be used in conjunction with the Reading Goals Packet. At the end of the school year, your students will have a personalized and meaningful record of all the books they read!
This product is ideal for:
- motivating students in their reading
- increasing student engagement in reading
- practicing goal-setting/reflection
- charting students' reading progress
- using for teacher/student conferencing
- using for portfolios/record-keeping
Click on the green Preview tab to see some of the pages up close and to ensure that the product is a good fit for your students! :)