This Book Look reading comprehension activity for Click Clack Boo: A Tricky Treat is designed as a comprehension companion for students.
Just in time for Halloween! This quick check for comprehension can be used an independent reading activity during differentiated reading instruction or as a follow up activity to a class read-aloud. It's great for reading groups, too!
Each Book Look contains -
- a crossword puzzle with Tier 2 vocabulary words from the book
- comprehension questions
- critical thinking questions with text connections
- a section for students to redesign the book's cover
- a section for students to create questions of varying difficulty
- reading level & general book information for teachers
- answer key
The text and images from the story are not included in this pack. Please plan to have a copy of the text for your readers. Don't have a copy? No problem! I've included links to free read-alouds online!
Click, Clack, Boo: A Tricky Treat by Doreen Cronin
Tier 2 vocabulary - scurry, covers, boards, peeks, crisp, spooky, disturb, heading
Print the Book Look on both sides of the paper and fold on the dotted lines to shape the tri-fold / brochure.
Check out these other Book Looks!
Let's Get Connected!
Follow me on TPT!
Follow me on FACEBOOK!
Follow me on INSTAGRAM!
Follow me on PINTEREST!
Follow me on MY BLOG – TeacherMood!