This resource is perfect for libraries, classrooms, or anywhere you are working to promote independent reading! Included is a recommendation graphic organizer, bookmarks, and reading log graphic organizer to track books read or books students plan to read.
Includes sections for the following information:
You Will Like This Book If: A section for students to recommend the type of person who would like this text as well. For example, someone who likes sports, World War II, history, traveling, etc.
Favorite Quote: either from a character or from the narrator
Description of Favorite Character: includes a physical description and a quick sentence of the conflict the character faces in the text.
How Many Stars Out of Five?: Students color in the number of stars (rating) they give the text.
General Review: In a few sentences students write out they overall opinion of the text and author's writing style.
Hashtag Themes: Using three or less words for each hashtag, students list out three themes/motifs from their text.
Original Cover Artwork: Students are encouraged to use symbols and colors to convey the overall mood of the text in their original designs of a book cover for their text.
PDFs of 12 bookmark designs:
1. "Literature is my utopia." Helen Keller
2. "Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly." Francis Bacon
3. "A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. what I began by reading, I must finish by acting." Henry David Thoreau
4. "The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame." Oscar Wilde
-Two images with words
1. "Don't lose my page, Bruh!"
2. "This book is lit"
-Three patterns to be colored
-Three floral patterns to be colored