This book report bundle is a perfect addition to any upper elementary classroom! You won’t need to look any further for activities for your students to do when responding to what they are reading.
Each book report in this bundle is also for sale separately in my TpT store. But when you purchase the bundle, you save money! You are essentially getting one book report activity for free!
Book Report sets included in this bundle:
1. Book Report Poster – this is a forever freebie in my store (this was not factored into the cost of this product). The poster can be used for any book genre. It’s a good one to start the year off with, too!
2. Fiction Cereal Box Book Report – this one focuses on basic elements of a fictional story. Story map templates are included to use to decorate a cereal box.
3. Fantasy ABC Paper Bag Book Report – this one focuses on important details found within the fantasy genre. Students make an ABC book using paper lunch bags.
4. Mystery Puzzle Poster Book Report – this one focuses on the clues that the reader has to put together to solve a mystery. Students create a poster with different puzzle template pieces, writing different information on each puzzle piece.
5. Historical Fiction Book Jacket Project – this one focuses on how the author ties in a historical setting to create a story. Students use graphic organizers to think deeply about story elements and create a book jacket for the book.
6. Biography Action Figure and Poem Book Report – this one focuses on main idea and details. Students have to decide what the most important thing is about their chosen person (biography or autobiography) and follows a poem format from Margaret Wise Brown’s book “The Important Book.” Templates and directions for creating an action figure are included.
All book report sets include a student directions sheet that is PERFECT to go home as well as a project specific rubric to make grading a piece of cake. What more could you want?
Make sure to follow “The Owl Spot” for more updates on amazing products. If you want to earn free product, make sure to leave feedback – I’d love to hear how your students loved these projects!
Happy Teaching! Martha from "The Owl Spot"