This product provides a basic report template for both non-fiction and fiction texts.
Both templates include:
- A space for the student to write the name of the book and their own name.
- A star-rating system, allowing the student to colour in their rating (out of 5) for the book.
- Space to communicate if they enjoyed their book and why or why not.
The non-fiction template includes:
- A section for students to write a paragraph explaining what the book was about,
- A section for three facts that the student learned from the book,
- A section for the students to draw a picture of something interesting from the book, and
- A section for students to record three new vocabulary words that they have learned and want to record.
Fiction template includes:
- A section for the describing the appearance and personality of the main character,
- A section for outlining the problems/complications in the story,
- A section describing how the story came to a resolution,
- A section where students can list examples of expanded noun groups, verb groups and time connectives,
- A sections for recording vocabulary that the student learned and wants to use in their own writing, and
- A section for drawing and captioning one of the key settings from the story.