What is included:
In this product you will receive 10 pages for students to create book reports with! You do not have to use all 10! Use what works for your students and your classroom. Here is a brief idea of what each page requires:
1- Cover. Students draw a cover for their book and write the title, author and illustrator.
2- Book Facts. Students list basic facts about the book and give it an overall rating and a reason for their rating.
3. Story Structure: Students can draw or write about the characters, setting and plot of their story.
4. Sequence of Events- students can draw or write about the 4 main events that happened and put them in order.
5. Theme- students can write about the theme/message/lesson learned on this page. They will then explain why they believe this is the theme/message/lesson learned and draw a picture.
6. Compare/Contrast- students can choose 2 characters to compare/contrast, two events, two places in the story OR students can compare/contrast themselves to their favorite character in the story.
7. Text connections- students write about one text to text, text to world and text to self connection they made when reading and then draw a picture of it.
8. Character Development- students choose one character from the story and explain how he/she changed throughout the story.
9. Summary- students write a one page summary about the book they read.
10- Coming Soon… students can create posters/advertisements to showcase a movie/TV/sequel to the book they read. They can make this up of course!
11- Readers are Leaders poster for your classroom (comes with reading chart ideas!)