This resource includes everything you need to implement an independent literary genre program with your students. Seven different genres are included (historical fiction, mystery, science fiction, fantasy, realistic fiction, informational, and biography).
Each genre includes:
- A pre-reading worksheet.
- A 2-page guided book report specific to the genre.
- A choice board of 4 different creative book projects for students to choose from.
- A Book Report and Project Tracking Sheet.
- A Book Project Organizer.
- An optional report page 3, which can be added to any of the reports.
- Half-page project grading rubrics (1 rubric for all the projects).
Suggestions for Use:
- Most teachers use this resource throughout the year, assigning one genre every month or so.
- You may want to dedicate a folder or notebook section to these projects, since there are several papers to track over a span of time.
- For younger students, consider filling in the due dates on the Tracking Sheet before printing. Writing the dates in themselves will help to reinforce them for older students.
- Differentiate by requiring struggling students to only complete the report or the project. Add the third report page for students who need an extra challenge. You could also require a more detailed and thorough project.
- Allowing time for students to share their projects with the class is a great way to reinforce their hard work. However, if time does not allow, you could split your class into small groups and have your students share with their groups. Invite parents to watch presentations so that there will be several adults.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.