Also included in
- Independent Reading Growing BUNDELThis is a growing bundle. Please read the product description carefully to understand which resources are included and which have not yet been added.This is a GROWING bundle that I will continue to add as I complete the year with my little one!You are purchasing PAR$27.27$38.95Save $11.68
- This bundle includes a variety of book reviews. They include printable lessons, worksheets, handouts, activities, assignments & rubrics. Save 30% off original products.1. A traditional book review2. A book tweet3. A book talk & book ad presentation BONUS FILES:*Book Review 2 Tweet Package (P$16.10$23.00Save $6.90
Book Review Bundle: Lessons, Worksheets, Assignment sheet, Exemplars & Rubric
Gradual release of responsibility and step by step instructions supports students in writing a book review.
- 6 New York Times Young Adult Fiction book reviews used to teach the elements of a book review
Assignment sheet includes:
- The purpose of a book review, the elements of an effective book review and the steps students will need to complete in planning and writing their review
Step by step guided writing process:
- Overview of Novel Brainstorming graphic organizer
- In-depth literary analysis question sheet
- Writing templates in two styles, 3 versions each
- An exemplar book review that meets assignment criteria
- An activity which has students analyze the exemplar book review using the checklist and rubric (includes answer keys)
- Self and peer evaluation activities, with checklists and rubrics
Looking for a alternative to the typical book review? Try:
Add in writable PowerPoint file and access to google version via link
Other activities you may like:
Online Learning skills:
eLearning orientation activities:
- eLearning: Lesson Plan Template & First Day(s) Activities PPT (distance)
- eLearning Orientation: 15 Digital Get to Know You Activities PPT (distance)
Graphic organizers activities:
Oral language activities:
- Fishbowl Discussion: Group/class Activity/Assignment/Worksheets/Rubric-distance(geared to ELA but could be used for any course)
- Book Talk & Book Ad Assignment with Exemplars (distance learning)
- Novel Study (for any book) Student Workbook
- Analysis Questions for any Fictional Text: 2 Formats-Mind Map and Questions
- Reading Tracking Sheets: calendar & text reading now/next sheet EDITABLE
- Book Review2Tweet Package: Lessons, Worksheets, Assignments, Exemplars & Rubrics
- TWEET (Book Review )Package: Lessons, Assignment, Worksheets, Rubric & Exemplars
- Book Review Package: Lessons, Worksheets, Assignment sheet, Exemplars & Rubric
Literary Terms with Mentor Texts activities:
- 5 Elements of Fiction-Lesson & Activities-Distance Learning
- Mind Maps of Literary Term/Elements Posters/handouts
- PLOT-lessons and student worksheets (editable PowerPoint)
- CHARACTER interactive lessons & activities (editable) PowerPoint
- Fiction Unit Terms BUNDEL: Lesson, Activities, Worksheets, Handouts and Posters Bundle
- Independent Reading BUNDEL
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
If you found this resource to be valuable in your teaching, please consider reviewing it.
TPT gives you credits for your reviews that can be used on future purchases.
To write a review:
- Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in).
- Click on the Provide Feedback button beside your purchase.
- Give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Questions? Requests for new products?
If you have questions, suggestions for improvements, or if there are any errors please feel free to contact me via:
- TPT Q&A or
Find out about new products, updates and sales:
Follow me on TPT:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo
- Click the star to become a follower.
Connect with Me