Also included in
- Jump-start your library centers with this GIGANTIC bundle of ALL the library centers created by Mrs. J in the Library, including both printable & digital library centers. Plus, you get FREE updates for life!Please view the individual product previews for full details about each product's conten$106.65$118.50Save $11.85
At these 2 library centers or writing centers, students will write reviews of a book they have read, or an app they have used, and support their opinion with reasons. Students could also publish their book reviews through an online library catalog (such as Follett Destiny®), on a moderated class blog, on Scholastic’s “Share What You’re Reading” website, on Biblionasium, or even on Goodreads for middle school or high school students.
- Center signs with a learning target and "I will" statements in student-friendly language (editable Word .docx file and easy-to-print PDF file formats)
- 2 versions of the Book Review Writing center with shorter or more detailed directions, in both portrait and landscape orientation
- App Review Writing center sign is also in portrait and landscape orientation
- Lesson plans aligned to PA Common Core and Academic Standards, National Common Core Standards, and AASL Information Literacy Standards (editable Word .docx file format)
- How-to instructions for both setting up Destiny® to allow students to write moderated reviews and for setting up a Google form to collect app reviews
- Pinterest board link with suggested Android apps for school library use (Most apps are also available on iOS / Apple devices.)
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW for more detailed contents!
Both the App Review and Book Review Writing centers require Internet access. As the name suggests, the App Review Writing center requires access to tablets with some pre-loaded apps.
The Book Review Writing center needs Follett Destiny® version 8.0 or above, or similar online catalog software, AND students need usernames and passwords in order to write and publish book reviews. If students are publishing their review on another website or on social media, they may or may not need usernames and passwords.
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like other library centers and literacy centers by Mrs. J in the Library: