Unit of Study:
The intention of this study is for students to take what they have learned as readers and express their reading thinking in writing. Students are asked to read and analyze a favorite book and compose a written book review.
Suggested String of Minilessons included:
• Reading like a book reviewer
• Purpose and structure of a book review
• Finding yourself in the book: Introduce the Book~Head~Heart Strategy
• BOOK: Writing this part of the review
• HEAD: Writing this part of the review
• HEART: Writing this part of the review
• Putting all the pieces together: BOOK~HEAD~HEART
• Leads: How can I capture my reader’s attention?
• Endings: How can I wrap it up?
• Finalizing my draft for editing
A companion product you may wish to use with a writing celebration is Writing Reflections and Kind Compliments found in my TPT Store here:
As always, if you plan to purchase and share this unit with other education professionals, additional licenses are available on this product page.
Any feedback about this product will be appreciated.
Please visit my literacy blog www.LiteracyTreasures.com