Also included in
- Planning for Writing Workshop can be overwhelming. Let this bundle of Writing Units of Study relieve your stress and free up some time. The included lessons will cover at least 25 weeks of your school year. This resource has been successfully implemented at the elementary and middle school levels$64.00$74.00Save $10.00
Book Reviews will help prepare students for analytical written reading responses.
Readers will analyze a favorite book and prepare a written book review.
Writing Book Reviews is a great way to begin preparing students for written standardized test responses without all that testing boot camp hoopla.
The intention of this study is for students to take what they have learned as readers and express their reading thinking in writing. Students are asked to read and analyze a favorite book and compose a written book review.
Suggested String of Minilessons included:
• Reading like a book reviewer
• Purpose and structure of a book review
• Finding yourself in the book: Introduce the Book~Head~Heart Strategy
• BOOK: Writing this part of the review
• HEAD: Writing this part of the review
• HEART: Writing this part of the review
• Putting all the pieces together: BOOK~HEAD~HEART
• Leads: How can I capture my reader’s attention?
• Endings: How can I wrap it up?
• Finalizing my draft for editing
You might also be interested in these products for your writing instruction…
This product is also part of my Writing Workshop bundle.
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures