Young readers can respond to the books they read or listen to with this comprehensive collection of book review sheets. From open-ended to skill/standard specific, these book reviews cover a wide range of reading comprehension skills for your classroom needs. Print and copy these sheets for Readers’ Workshop or Daily 5 (Read to Self, Read to Partner, Listen to Reading), listening centers, reading mini lessons, or guided reading instruction. They can also be sent home to enhance nightly reading homework and reinforce the skills taught in the classroom.
The skills included in this pack:
• Free choice writing about the book
• Favorite part of the book
• Retell beginning, middle, and end of the story
• Facts learned from a nonfiction information book
• Main idea and key details
• Problem and solution in the story
• Making connections (text-to-self, text-to-text, text-to-world)
• Making predictions and checking predictions
• Lesson or moral of the story
• Comparing and contrasting two stories
• Story elements (character, setting, plot or main events)
• Favorite character
• Character traits
Covers many K-2nd Grade Common Core State Standards in the Reading Literature and Informational Text Domains!