Children's books aren't just for the littles; they're also for the bigs! Using these recording sheets, help your middle or high school students isolate specific grammar or literary concepts while having fun with some #throwback books.
Not only will students isolate the grammar or literary concept you are teaching through the book, they will also be required to defend their answers from the text and evaluate the author's purpose.
These recording sheets are EDITABLE and come with examples. They can be uploaded to a tablet for digital learning centers or printed for classroom use.
Though I've included examples from The Monster at the End of this Book, you may use this with ANY book or novel you'd like.
Editable Recording Sheets included with examples:
* Syntax (Fragments, Complex, Compound, Simple)
* Sentence Patterns (S-LV-PA, S-LV-PN, S-AV-DO, etc.)
* Rhetorical Appeals (Ethos, Pathos, Logos)
* Sentence Types (Declarative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Imperative0
* Literary Devices (Assonance, Anaphora, Onomatopoeia, etc.)