A great picture book study for "Are You My Mother?" Lots of fantastic extension activities. This book companion has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade. These resources include crafts and activities to help practice coloring, cutting, and gluing skills as well as opportunities for reading and basic writing.
What You Get
- Are You My Mother? Classroom Discussion Questions
- 2 "Are You My Mother?" coloring pages
- 4 letter "B is for Bird" handwriting practice pages
- Nonfiction article about baby birds
- Tracing worksheet "Help Me Find My Mother"
- Cut out eggs and put into bird nest craft template
- Color classroom cut-outs to laminate and re-tell the story with your class.
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (ARE and YOU)
- Digraph worksheet (TH)
- Words in the Story worksheet
- Sounding out words cards
- Sight Word cards
- Story Elements worksheet
- Character Traits worksheet for the baby bird
- Trace and write words from the story
- Cut-apart sequencing strips
- "Who is the Baby's mother?" writing prompt
- "What Do Baby Birds Like to Eat?" writing prompt
- 4 additional writing prompt pages
Just buy the Coloring Pages for Classic Picture Books
Create Your Own Bundle of Picture Book Studies:
You Might Also Be Interested in Other Picture Book Studies...
Take a moment to VISIT MY STORE and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!