A great picture book study for "Big Pumpkin" Lots of fantastic extension activities. This book companion has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade. These resources include crafts and activities to help practice coloring, cutting, and gluing skills as well as opportunities for reading and basic writing.
What You Get
- Big Pumpkin? Classroom Discussion Questions
- 2 "Big Pumpkin?" coloring pages
- 4 letter "P is for Pie" handwriting practice pages
- Nonfiction article about pumpkins
- Tracing worksheet connecting characters from the story who are pulling the pumpkin and then eating pumpkin pie.
- Cut-out sequencing cards for how a pumpkin grows
- Large color sequencing cards for how to make pumpkin pie
- Cut out a pumpkin and a pumpkin pie to color.
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (BIG and IT'S)
- Blend worksheet (MP)
- Words in the Story worksheet
- Sounding out words cards
- Sight Word cards
- Story Elements worksheet
- Character Traits worksheet for the baby bird
- Trace and write words from the story
- Cut-apart sequencing strips
- "What Would You Make With the Big Pumpkin?" writing prompt
- "How Do You Make a Pumpkin Pie?" writing prompt
- 4 additional writing prompt pages
Just buy the Coloring Pages for Classic Picture Books
Create Your Own Bundle of Picture Book Studies:
You Might Also Be Interested in Other Picture Book Studies...
Take a moment to VISIT MY STORE and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!