Also included in
- Set of 3 beloved winter picture book studies. Each book study includes teacher guidelines, vocabulary words, sight word worksheets and cards, sequencing strips, coloring pages, dot-to-dots, mazes, cutting and gluing activities, puppets, writing templates, digraph and blend worksheets, story elements$10.00$14.85Save $4.85
- Set of 5 beloved picture book studies. Bring a little life to your classroom! Each book study includes teacher guidelines, vocabulary words, sight word worksheets and cards, sequencing strips, coloring pages, dot-to-dots, mazes, cutting and gluing activities, puppets, writing templates, digraph and$17.95$24.75Save $6.80
- Tons of amazing holiday and seasonal picture book studies to fit into your classroom routine. Celebrate the seasons of fall, winter, and spring with beloved picture books. Round out your holiday celebrations with books for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day. Purchase now to get$70.00$108.90Save $38.90
- A bundle of ALL the picture book studies that I have created and that I will be creating. These adorable picture book companion packages are the perfect addition to your preschool or kindergarten classroom. BRING YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS TO LIFE and help your students really dive deeply into each one. Mo$125.00$249.95Save $124.95
A cute picture book study for "The Mitten". Lots of fantastic extension activities. This study has a variety of resources and can be used for preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade.
What You Get
- Teacher discussion guide
- Book project and activity ideas
- Youtube links to related videos
- Jigsaw puzzle
- Story crown template
- Story patterns “cut and glue” worksheet
- Tracing worksheet
- Big story maze
- Compare stories Venn Diagram worksheet
- “What Do You Think” writing/drawing opportunity
- 2 book reports
- 3 Draw and Write early writer prompts
- 1 writing pennant from story
- Non-fiction article about keeping our hands warm in the winter.
- Template for Mitten lacing craft
- Coloring Page
- "My Mitten Is So BIG It Can Fit A _____" template
- Design your own mitten craft template
- Template for making a mitten and cutting out animals to put inside.
- Help Nikki find his glove maze
- 3 letter "M is for mitten" handwriting practice pages
- Write the Story Sequence template
- Fill In The Missing Story Word
- Design Your Own Cover template
- Label the Parts of the book (cut and glue)
- Story word and picture sorting activity (cut and glue)
- Finish the Words From The Story (cut and glue the missing letters)
- Sight word worksheet (LOOK and INTO)
- Sight word cards
- Digraph worksheet (GR)
- Words in the Story Handwriting Page
- Sounding out word cards
- Story Elements worksheet
- Character Traits worksheet
- Cut-apart sequencing strips (higher level)
- Cut-apart sequencing strips (lower level)
- Draw and Write template "What If You Lost Your Mitten?"
- Draw and Write template "How Do You Knit Mitten?"
- Template for students to write and illustrate their own version of the story
Just buy the Coloring Pages for Classic Picture Books
Create Your Own Bundle of Picture Book Studies:
You Might Also Be Interested in Other Picture Book Studies...
- The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear
- Blueberries for Sal
- Stone Soup
- The Snowy Day
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt
- Danny and the Dinosaur
- Owl Moon
- Mrs. Wishy Washy
- Little Bear
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- Where the Wild Things Are
- Harold and the Purple Crayon
- The Napping House
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Strega Nona
- The Little Red Hen
- Bark, George!
- The Biggest Pumpkin Ever
- Room on the Broom
- Harry the Dirty Dog
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
- Millions of Cats
- The Polar Express
- This First Thanksgiving Day
- Sharing The Bread- An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving Story
- The Story of the Pilgrims
- Happy Valentine's Day, Little Mouse!
- The Biggest Valentine Ever
Take a moment to Visit My Store and follow me to hear about new curriculum and sales!
Follow Me On Pinterest to get inspiring ideas for your classroom!